The Benefits of Dental Crowns
There are a handful of reasons our Idaho Falls patients might need a dental crown - which is a type of cosmetic dental procedure. One of the most common reasons for unexplained tooth pain is that there can be a hairline fracture on the top of the tooth (or the “chewing part”).
The benefits of a dental crown include providing solid support, protection, and improved appearance. It will also help to hold the tooth together.
Here are a handful of reasons one might need a dental crown:
- Tooth Protection - A tooth can be proactively protected from decay or can be held together by a dental crown.
- Bridge Protection - Bridges can be held together by a dental crown.
- Filling Cover - Using as a cover for a tooth with a large proportion of dental filling
- Dental Implant Cover - A crown may be necessary to cover a dental implant.
- Root Canal Cover - Following a root canal, you may need a dental crown for covering.
- Restoration - Broken, damaged, or a worn down tooth can be restored with a dental crown.
Our Idaho Falls dental crown specialists will provide a solution that fits you. Along the way we will provide education on what a dental crown is, if you need it, as well as help give you to gain a deeper understanding of the many benefits.